The only others I could remember that were this striking would be Florence and Dubrovnik.
Like Dubrovnik, Tallinn is a medieval walled town in a remarkable state of preservation. The red capped stone towers enclose a myriad of gothic and Russian style spires. And beyond, the view stretches out to the port and icy sea.
Climbing Olaf's spiralling steps was quite taxing and made me consider what sort of shape I was in.
Once I got to the narrow platform, which winds around the base of the spire, I remembered I have a bit of a thing about heights.
I forced myself to remain calm and remember the platform was perfectly safe, but the usual paranoia of earthquakes or ancient roof tiling remained in the back of my mind.
I stayed up there for about half an hour and got relatively accustomed to the view descending below mere centimetres from my feet. On what was a sunny and quite relaxing afternoon I certainly felt alive up there!
Please enjoy some of my photos from what was a perfect day to experience the beauty of Tallinn.
No comments:
Post a Comment